Sunday 16 February 2014

Love

What is Love? Love is many things to all of us. For some, it's a hug from a loved one, a child's laughter, the smell of freshly baked cookies. For some it's getting an encouraging word from a friend, a flower, or chocolate. I Love receiving gifts. I walked in Friday from errands and my grandson shoves his Valentine artwork into my hands..."Here Meema, I lum you! Happy Valemtimes Day!"
From my hubby! My ultimate favourite is TIME. Just being with him. No cost in spending time. I feel most Loved when he's around me. And his hugs from the squeezes to the gentle ones. And yes,  I do Love the flowers. My flowers change from time to time but when I see the faitful rose, I get all warm inside. My eyes light up when I see a box or bag from La Vie En Rose! I KNOW it's something I will Love!

Love is all around us if we just look. I like to people watch. Some things I wish I didn't see. A mother yelling at her child when a firm tone would suffice. A couple arguing. A child crying. I Love to see a child holding a loving adults hand. Two little ones skipping down the walkway. A couple - almost touching forheads speaking softly so no one hears. My grandson wanting up so he can put his arms around my neck and nuzzle in.

Have we have lowered the meaning of the word LOVE ? I love hotdogs. I love her hair. I love that car. I love that outfit. Websters Dictionary explains Love to be..."strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties"  That is what true Love is all about.

It's so apropriate that Valentines Day is the same weekend with Family Day. I hope you are doing what I'm doing, spending time and Loving my family.

Make sure you take time to love yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment