Tuesday 18 February 2014

Perfection?

I came across this Buzzfeed video that was posted to Facebook by Upworthy and it really made me think about why it is I am dieting, exercising and blogging. I mean, if you go back to my original post you'll see that I have set a goal to become a brand ambassador for La Vie En Rose Aqua, but, why?
Why am I trying to lose weight? Is it because I don't look like the gorgeous swimwear models in the ads? Or is it because I know I don't feel like I am the best me I can be?

I think with all the various media images bombarding our senses every day, it is easy to have an unrealistic view of beauty. The last thing I want to do with this blog - and with my personal challenge - is to play into a warped sense of reality by striving for an unattainable picture of perfection. Rather, my goal is to become better today than I was yesterday. To achieve my personal best; body, mind and spirit.

And maybe, just maybe, inspire someone along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment