Wednesday 19 February 2014

Make that Change!

Websters Dictionary tells us the definition: the act, process, or result of making different 

There is a song that my friend Tara Ferrusi and I sing to the top of our lungs! We love "Man in the Mirror" by the late Michael Jackson. We are not necessarily fans of Michael but the lyrics to this song are amazing. The message is so meaningful!


I won't make you read the whole song - but there are some key phrases or words that I would like to focus on.

"Man In The Mirror" 
I'm gonna make a change, for once in my life. It's gonna feel real good, gonna make a difference, gonna make it right......I'm starting with the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways. And no message could have been any clearer; if you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change. Make That Change.


As I am working through this 'transformation' - I'm making some changes that right now are hard but I know in the end, it will be worth it. So many of us really don't like change. I know I don't like the seasonal change from summer to fall because then I KNOW what's around the corner! If you live in Canada or Northern States you know what I'm talking about! That 4 letter word that we have had enough of already! Some of us don't like moving from our hometown. We are comfortable with our surroundings. I know I have a hard time making changes in my schedule. The night before I go over my schedule, I know what I'm doing the next day, where I'm going, who I need to meet and at what time. But when I get that phonecall. "momma, I need a ride. Can you pick me up?" Or "can you go WAY out of your way to do something. At that moment, my insides hit a panic button. I scramble for my calendar to see how I can fit the change in!


"To improve is to change. To perfect is to change often." - Winston Churchill

Why do we resist change so much? Are we too comfortable where we are at? Are we afraid because we don't know what to expect if we take the steps to change? Change is not easy - but if we are willing to sacrifice the 'good', we will gain 'great'. I need to make changes to make a difference in my life. Are you willing to make some changes? In the long run - you will be glad you did!

"Unless you are prepared to give up something valuable you will never be able to truly change at all, because you'll be forever in the control of things you can't give up." Andy Law Creative Company



No comments:

Post a Comment